Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is risen!

Another Easter Sunday is drawing to a close. Like a lot of folks, my family had a big dinner with ham and all the trimmings including a yummy heath bar cake that my daughter-in-law makes that is sinfully delicious! Of course we were all way too stuffed afterwards but that didn't keep us from spending some time outdoors hiding eggs and watching our younger grandchildren have fun hunting them. A wonderful time building memories - for us and for them.

As enjoyable as all that was, it pales in comparison to the reason we celebrate Easter in the first place. He is risen! Our Savior, our Jesus, our Redeemer conquered death and made possible our reconciliation to a Holy God. A God who loves us so much that He was willing to give all just so we could know Him and have a relationship with Him. My mind can hardly grasp the fringes of how deep, how wide, how wonderful that love is. But oh, how my heart feels it!

I pray that your heart feels it too. I pray that you accept His love, His amazing gift of salvation and redemption, and, along with me, celebrate Easter as we proclaim "He is risen!"

Hugs,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment